10ct. POBLANO PEPPERS
I am thinking it is gonna be Chiles Rellenos making time! **RECIPE BELOW**
- 10 poblano chilies
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 tablespoons butter or 1 1/3 tablespoons margarine
- 4 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 1/3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (20 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1/3 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 1/3 to taste salt
Crispy Egg Coating
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/3 teaspoons salt
- Roast chiles 3" under broiler, rotating until charred and blistered, about 3-4 minutes.
- Place chiles in a sealed plastic bag or bowl covered with plastic wrap until cool enough to handle and skin is loose enough to peel.
- Peel off skins under cold running water, then make a small slit three-quarters down length of chile and discard seeds, leaving stem attached.
- Cut cheese in six 3/4 - 1" thick slices slightly smaller than the chiles.
- Stuff each chile with 1 piece of cheese.
- Roll stuffed chiles in flour, shake off excess and set aside.
- In medium size frying pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring until golden (about 10 min).
Please log in to write a review